I have conducted some research into the posters of both short films and of psychological thrillers, here below is some of the posters I liked the look at and could use to integrate some of the elements into my own poster.
Here are examples of a short sketch I devised on paper in initial planning of the poster and a draft version I created on PhotoShop showing the main line of my ideas. This is very much a draft and would be much more advanced in actual production, including my own photography and some true review quotations.
I came up with the idea of the title going on the locket, to give the poster an enigmatic vibe. Our film is largely based around a sense of ambiguity and the use of the locket is not suggestive of anything, it leaves the audiences mind wandering. As our film is targeted (psychographically) at experiencers and makers I feel this is title gives an opportunity for this audience to experience something new, this poster advertises our film in the way it is intended to, it encourages curiosity.
The somewhat sinister font however gives a thrilling element to the ambiguity, suggesting there could be something dark on the horizon. This is of course a draft and no ideas are definite, however this is an idea I am hoping to carry forward into the actual production of the poster.
_poster.jpg)








No comments:
Post a Comment