As I am now beginning the process of creating my film poster, I have been looking at various art house production posters, as well as posters of the psychological thriller genre, to combine aspects of the two to create a poster that meets our audience exactly.
Psychological thriller film 'One our photo' was a film poster concept I particularly liked. This film focuses largely on the obsession of the main character, which I feel the poster captures perfectly, something I want to apply to my own poster:
This photo displaying Robin Williams looking through the photo strips is enough to entice a viewer, without giving a great deal away about his intentions and what exactly he is looking at. I want to incorporate this concept into my own poster whilst following the cartoon like art house style.
I particularly liked the shot in our film of Adam's silhouette stood by the window looking in at Sarah on the sofa, however having this full image would give quite a lot away about our concept, so I thought that perhaps selecting Adam alone, cut around his body and color him a single block color, black for example and placing him at the side of the poster.
As this is a landscape photograph, I am intending to create a landscape poster, like those featured in countries such as Norway, to give our advertisement materials and international appeal. Here is a rough photo of what I would be considering using, with lots of refining and editing to create that art house 'look':
Although the film poster for 'Black Swan' is portrait, and various parts
of text and image would have to be placed in different places, I am
keen on the idea of a light cream background with the black against it,
the juxtaposition of the the two contrasting colours works particularly
well and is very fitting for the both the genre and audience, it has a
particularly art house look, whilst conveying the idea of the different
states of human psyche through the colours


No comments:
Post a Comment